It's been so long since I have posted on my blog. Every time when I think that I now my Chinipie has a fixed schedule and I can have a fixed routine too and take some time out for the blogs that I so much want to write and the blogs that I love to read, she surprises me and changes her schedule and with each change becomes more demanding. Sometimes, I feel that I should have maintained a baby book instead, keeping a log of every little thing that she does, the idea which I had denied as I had thought that I will be writing a post on her blog everyday. I really should have gone for it as now days go by before I even get a chance to sit peacefully with my laptop. Otherwise it's just a quick login to check for any important mails... Today, after a long time, she is taking her afternoon nap for a longer period in which I could finish all my household chores, bath and then get a chance to login to post. She is such a light sleeper that I really do not want to jinx this blissful moment. I feel very selfish when I say such moments as the blissful ones and find myself longing for or enjoying such times, which are anyways in short supply these days. But the truth cannot be denied. I really long for times, when she sleeps for a longer snap of time leaving me with some time to not only finish the cleaning and the cooking but to leave me with some more time to just be with myself too. Now as I write this, I really feel like a bad mom and have this little pang of guilt of feeling this way. I am not sure if I will get over this guilt especially as she is a wonderful baby and I love to spend time with her and took time off my work only and only for her. But I do feel at times that she should sleep longer and let me be with myself for some time. Any consolations over here? Is it just me or the other moms out there have been through this phase too? If any of you have something to say about this, then please please let me know.
Hmmm.. today the apply of my eye turns 7 months and 7 days old and I have to do post on her past month. But that I will postpone for a while. For now, I am thrilled with this new surprise she had for me today! Before this one takes a back seat in my memory and I never get to blog again, let me jot it down here. I am absolutely absolutely in awe with this new milestone of hers! SHE CAN SIT UP BY HERSELF!! Yep! that's right!!! Two days back, I had put her to sleep in her crib and after about an hour she had let out a cry just as DH and I had sat down for the dinner. We listened for a while, and when her crying didn't stop DH went to pick her up. When he came back with her in his arms, he had told me that she was sitting in the crib and crying. I looked at him with disbelief! How could it be possible? She is with me the whole day and she never did that when she is fresh and active and even tired for that matter. How could she do that in her sleep? And that too when mommy is not watching her? Or is not there to notice it first? Hmmm.. Dad was obviously overstating things. She would have been on her all fours, just as she has been doing for past few days, and he would have been making up the rest of it. Nevertheless, I kept watching her the next day. I even left her for longer time than usual, intentionally not lifting her up when obviously she was tired being on her fours and shedding tears. I kept myself from entering the room she was in hoping to see her on her little bums when I go inside. But no, she didn't get on her hunches. Daddy was obviously making it up. Confirmed. And then I forgot everything about it. And then today, she did it! That too in front of my very own eyes!! I had put her in the crib as I was tidying up the bed. I saw her rolling over to her tummy and then getting on her fours and then she brought one of her legs forward. Simultaneously, she started crying. I thought she was stuck and as I came up to her to pick her up, and had my arms almost around her, when I noticed that she is trying to actually sit! I stopped and watched her. She pulled the other leg half way to the front and put all her weight on her hunches and then lifted her arms up to be picked up!!! I was so happy, I could have jumped hundreds of times. But I picked her up and cuddled her and kissed her face. She clearly did not want all these. I was very very happy with her so decided to give her whatever she wanted. So I nursed her to sleep, snuggled up next to me. In turn, she gave me what I wanted.. A longer nap!!!
mmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
I love her sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!
4 comments:
I've never seen a more beautiful pic than 'my love(s)' in soni's orkut profile..
I'm sure u can guess who wrote this..
Love you a lot and miss you too..
Enjoy Enjoy And Enjoy..what more u want now..lol
TC
CU
Anon.. No guesses. How is it in Chennai?
Compassion.. Am enjoying to the fullest. Thanks. U have kids?
Swati,
This is Garima. I used a friend's profile to trace you. I read your blog to know more about Khushi. So much want to see her. Felt really nice to read about her. Please send me your contact number on my yahoo id. I can't tell you how good it feels to read your blog and to read about Khushi.
Love,
Garima
Post a Comment