Saturday, June 9, 2012

LL mania continues


Through the spring And comes to an end in the most fabulous way. Yep! This is the very cool trophy chinipie got this year. And what a wonderful season this was! Where, she knew nothing about the game At the beginning of the season, she was completely enthusastic by the season's end. Where she missed hitting the tee at the start, she was hitting the pitched balls towards the end. Where she was complaining initially, tht the boys in her team are fast and that's why she can't get the ball, she was content catching a few balls, giving them a fight. Well, I wish! I can't ever imagine my gentle chini giving anybody a fight(except me, of course!). She, instead, shows her magnanimous heart, when in one such rare hassle for the ball, she accidently gets pushed and hit and when apologized to says, amidst her sobs, "I forgive you". Yes that's my chinipie! A gentle, kind-hearted, forgiving girl! I wish I could learn that from her - forgiveness.


Well, not everything sailed smooth. She did get upset when the ball would just roll by her or when she would miss the catches. And no matter, how much I tried to calm her, she wouldn't be happy with herself. Poor mom tried passing some of her own wisdom, " it's not important whether you get them each time, more important is that you have fun playing the game", to no avail.

And then momma shared her goofiness when she totally misread the schedule and took her for a game a day ahead. Luckily, it turned out that one of the playing teams were chinipie's friend W's and his dad was the coach, who let Her play as a ringer. Not omly did it make chinipie's day but saved the momma from a meltdown later. It turned Out that the two friends were extremely delighted to be in eah other's company and were so busy sharing their feelings that they didn't even notice the ball rolling away in between them. And, very aptly, they were nicknamed 'romeo-juliet'. It just happenned that the very next game were their teams aginst each other but that didn't deter their happiness of seeing each other on the field again. And every single time, they were at the same base, they were seen chatting away happily together. ;)

And then, occasionally( actually only once or twice), she threw tantrums at the field, declaring that she didn't want to play at all. That's when her coach would step in and talk her through it. And that's what she loved most about the game- talking to her coach, who was such a positive encouragement to her. She would always have stories to tell him and sometimes, would talk about him.

"Momma, you know, my coach is getting old."
No dear. He isn't.
"He really is. I heard him saying that on the field the other day."
I am sure, he was using that just as an expression.
" No he wasn't. He really sad so"
Ok. Now who would refute that?!

Well, let's nOt forget sugarbun at all, who was amazing throught the series, cheering for her sister, assisting her with her glove n cap, giving her water, and most of all being so nice and co-operative with momma throughout the game. Even, little sugar loved talked to the coach. Once, she surprised all of us by walking up to him after the game, chirping excitedly, "my dad says I can't go to the t-ball game in my underpaants!!!" Before, I could even absorb what I just heard, to my relief, coach, who I guess knew better how to handle such situations, said,"You never know what's coming, isn't it?"



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...