Thursday, March 27, 2008

Recipes

Like any other mom, I had hoped that I might be lucky enough to proudly say that I never face any problem in feeding my child and she eats whatever and whenever I give her. (what high hopes I had!) Alas! that's not true. She just refuses to open her mouth when she sees a spoon coming towards her. Sometimes, we don't even get to that. The very sight of the high chair makes her rebellious enough to stiffen herself and there's no way that I can put a brawling and crying baby in the seat. This has made me try different forms, textures, varieties and combinations of food for her. Some click instantly with her and some don't. Some lose their charm after a few days while some are always a good saver. Here, I share a few recipes for which she automatically opens her mouth. These are very simple and easy to make. Hoping that they work for the other moms too as they did for me!

Apple Yogurt

Take 2 slices of apple and cut them into very thin pieces.
Put them in a bowl and pour a little water.
Microwave for 20-25 seconds to make them real soft. (This may vary on the power of the microwave. The idea is to soften the apple pieces so that the baby can swallow it easily without choking up)
Let is stand for another 10 seconds.
Add 3 tbsp of yogurt and mix well!

The yummy dish is ready :)
Of course, I had started with the apples first and used to make applesauce this way. Later, she got bored of them I guess. So, added yogurt to it which she loves to eat any time.

Yummy spinach

Yep! spinach can be yummy too!! I do not make this one specially for her. Rather whenever I make palak paneer, she gets to eat this and she absolutely loves it.

Boil spinach in a pressure cooker. Just give one whistle and switch off the gas. Let the spinach get tender in the built up pressure inside.
When the cooker cools off, put the spinach in a blender and puree it.
Take a few tsp out for the baby.
Add a pinch of salt and a few drops of lemon.
And the yummy spinach is ready!!

Biscuit Delight

This one is a real savior for me when she is hungry and I do not have her usual khichdi ready.

Take half-a-biscuit (sweet, non-creamy) and break it into smaller pieces.
Pour a little milk over it.
Microwave for 30-35 seconds. (Again, this would depend on microwave and biscuit as well. The harder the biscuit, more time it takes to get soft)
Let it stand for another 10 seconds.
Mash well. If needed, add a more milk for a thinner version.
Feed the little one, who would surely smack the lips!!!

Have fun!!

7 comments:

Anusha said...

such yummy recipes! I could try the spinach thing with kodi too.
and its been a long time since i visited your blog - like your new header! I can't tell when you have new posts - what is your RSS feed address?

Ĝ ё ё ┼ ä said...

wow amazing recipes...m gona try these for my nephew - over the weekend :-)

Aryan-Arjun said...

Biscuit delight is Aryan's favourite...
AM

Swati said...

WOW ..will try these. Why don't I see updates to your post in my reader. I never knew you are actively blogging again :(

Chiniiz n Sugarz Mom.. Swati said...

Am glad you all liked the recipes.. hope they work for you!

For my new posts please subscribe to my rss feeds again.. when i changed my blog template, i didn't take the back up of my old template and forgot to add it here. Have created another rss feed and you would be updated of my postings.. though for my other blog you will have to subscribe separately..

Mama - Mia said...

wow!! :)

right now kabir eats just about anything esp if its from our plate! and am not too fussy about him a getting small bit of just about everything!! hehe!

i add palak to his khichdi itself instead of veggies few times and he absolutely loves it! :) should try just palak! he somehow doesnt enjoy biscuuit milk anymore! shall try apple n yoghurt!! :D

lovely post!

cheers!

Mama - Mia said...

wow!! :)

right now kabir eats just about anything esp if its from our plate! and am not too fussy about him a getting small bit of just about everything!! hehe!

i add palak to his khichdi itself instead of veggies few times and he absolutely loves it! :) should try just palak! he somehow doesnt enjoy biscuuit milk anymore! shall try apple n yoghurt!! :D

lovely post!

cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...